5. Management of user information¶
In this part, you can manage user information registered to TSUBAME. You need to prepare before using TSUBAME3 for the first time.
5.1. User information display¶
Log in to the system and select "Change user information" link from the side menu, the "User information change" page will be displayed.
In this screen, you can refer / edit information on "user."
5.2. SSH public key registration¶
Please secure your SSH private key, with setting the passphrase to lock them. Do not register SSH public key corresponding to the private key which is not made by you, or is not managed correctly, such as the public key of other people.
To access the login node, you need to upload the SSH public key used for login. Please prepare an SSH public key in advance. See the FAQ below for how to create an SSH public key.
- How to create an SSH key pair in Linux/Mac/Windows(Cygwin/OpenSSH)
- I'm using PuTTY(MobaXterm), What do we need to register at SSH public key in TSUBAME portal?
From the side menu, choose "Add SSH public key."
Copy and paste the contents of the public key with text and click "Add" button, or upload the file from "SSH public key file" and click "Upload".
- The file you need to paste or upload is an SSH public key. Never specify an SSH private key.
- The SSH public key registered by this function is additionally registered in the TSUBAME public key list. Already registered public key is not invalidated.
- In order to delete a registered public key, please login to TSUBAME, then edit .ssh/authorized_keys under the home directory, and delete it.
5.3. How to set TSUBAME password¶
You can set the password used for CIFS access from Tokyo Tech network to the high-speed storage area.
If you access to TSUBAME only with SSH, rsync, etc., it is not necessary to set a password.
Login to the TSUBAME portal and choose "Password setting" from the side menu, the "Password setting" page will be displayed. If you enter a new password here and click "Register", the password will be set.
The password conditions are as follows.
- String length : 8 to 63 letters
- It must contain at least 3 types of alphabet capital letters, alphabet lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
- The following character strings can be used for the password.
- Uppercase Latin alphabet:
- Lowercase Latin alphabet:
- Symbolic letters:
- Uppercase Latin alphabet:
- Do not include any three consecutive letters included in the numeric part of login name, surname, name, HPCI account name, HPCI-ID.
- It should not be an easy-to-guess character string such as English words.
- Do not use the same letters consecutively three times or more.
- Do not use the same character more than half the password length.
You can also change the password in the same way.